Remember John Garamendi, the Democratic Lieutenant Governor of California?
He met with a delegation from Sweden's IST (the podcar people) in January 2007. IST's visit followed a June 2006 memorandum of understanding between Sweden and California for an exchange on renewable fuel, energy and green transportation. Garamendi had only taken office on January 8, so the IST meeting was one of his first official acts as lieutenant governor. In April, IST met with Garamendi a second time.
Just more evidence disproving the Minnesota anti-PRT propagandist's Talking Point that PRT is a right-wing anti-transit scam.
Is it possible this got started back in 2004, when Personal Rapid Transit appeared in the CalDems' platform?
The Propagandist gave the January meeting prominent coverage -- although he devoted his smearage to Swedish Environment Minister Andreas Carlgren.
Oddly, Labridor seemed to steer away from attacking Garamendi -- other than posting a photo (above) of him with Carlgren. Maybe Rodiva thought that'd put the fear of goddess into him.
Some background on Garamendi:
- Peace Corps, 1966-68 (Ethiopia)
- State Assemblyman (1974-76) and Senator (1976-90).
- First California insurance commissioner, 1991-95 and again 2003-07; backs universal health coverage
- Bruce Babbitt's Deputy Interior Secretary under Clinton; on the Clinton Administration negotiation team at the Kyoto Climate Change Conference; was one of the officials who sounded the alarm about the dangers to New Orleans of global climate change.
- In run for lieutenant governor, at the time was only candidate anywhere to receive endorsement from Al Gore.
- Currently being talked about as the Democratic nominee for governor in 2010.
And in case there are still lingering doubts as to Garamendi's Democratic bona fides, here is a video of his appearance on MSNBC, in which he slams Dubya's showboating on the California wildfires.
Yet to date Garamendi has not denounced PRT as a right-wing anti-transit scam. Clearly he is either (1) dumber than the Minnesota anti-PRT propagandist, or (2) part of the conspiracy!
If he's not with Kenthorpe, he must be against him -- so Lt. Gov. John Garamendi is a PRTista, a tool of the anti-transit highway lobby! Is he one of those "left-wingers like Zimmermann"?
If so, shouldn't the Propagandist start smearing him straight away?
The Ken Avidor / soon we'll be making another run / the Ken Avidor promises something for everyone