Fact-Checking the "PRT Boondoggle" Blog
A project of the PRT NewsCenter

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love Letters (with apologies to A.R. Gurney)

After all these years, I think we've finally found a PRT scam. And it has been exposed by "PRT Is a Joke" IS A JOKE!!!

from: J. Edward Anderson <[* * * *]@gmail.com>
to: ["PRT Is a Joke" IS A JOKE]
date Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM
subject Re: Help Request

Dear,

How are you today? May this emergency appeal finds you well,i am sorry i didn't inform you about my travelling to Europe for a program.The program is taking place in three major Countries in

Europe which includes Spain Germany and United Kingdom.It has been a sad and bad moment for me,the present condition i found myself is so intoxicated to explain.I feel so ashamed because i am

stranded and stocked in United Kingdom because I've misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,my document and other valuable things were kept ,i am so confussed right now i don't know what to do or where to go.

I need your urgent help,i want you to please loan me the sum of 3,200.00 USD = £2,000GBP to sort-out myself and confirm my basic travelling allowance fees back home.In case you couldn't come up

with all the requested amount due to the short notice kindly go ahead and send me any amount you can afford at this time and email me the transfer details i will be so grateful to receive the money,I

will appreciate whatever you can afford to help me with and I promise to pay you back as soon as I return home.
I want you to understand that i am in a very tight and critical sitaution at the moment,i know you will never disappoint me that is why i have contacted you in this regards and please as you endeavor to

help me with this money i don't mean you should disclose my predicament to anybody for personal reasons till when am successfully back home.However,it is not compulsory that you will send me the

money but if my situation and our good relationship touches you i want you to quickly proceed to any of the WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER OR MONEY GRAM TRANSFER station or post

office around you and transfer me the money as soon as you have received this email.Western union money transfer is the most convenience and safe for me to receive the money here without any delay or problem.

Below is the information where to send me the WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

Here are the details:

Name:Edward Anderson
Address : 10 Godliman Street
Zip code : EC4V 5AJ,
State : London
Country: England
Test Question :Thank
Answer :You

After you have sent the money email me the western union transfer details such as:

WESTERN UNION TRANSFER RECEIPT
MTCN(Money transfer control number)
Test Question: Thank
Answer:You
Amount Needed: 3,200.00 USD = £2,000GBP

I'll check my email soonest to pick up the western union transfer details to enable me return back home with the next available flight,i need the transfer # MTCN (money transfer control number) as soon as you are done with the transfer.

Thanks for your kind help and sorry to bother you.

Regards.

J. Edward (Ed) Anderson
PRT International, LLC
763 [* * * *]
[* * * *]@prtinternational.com
www.prtinternational.com

from ["PRT Is a Joke" IS A JOKE]
to "J. Edward Anderson"
date Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM
subject Re: Help Request

Ed --

FYI, your email account has been hacked.

- Show quoted text -

from: J. Edward Anderson <[* * * *]@gmail.com>
to: ["PRT Is a Joke" IS A JOKE]
date Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM
subject Re: Help Request

Thank you for your concern and reply, My email address has not been compromised, I sent you the mail in-order for you to help me out, let me know if you can help me out


from ["PRT Is a Joke" IS A JOKE]
to "J. Edward Anderson"
date Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM
subject Re: Help Request

Ken, is that you?

from: J. Edward Anderson <[* * * *]@gmail.com>
to: ["PRT Is a Joke" IS A JOKE]
date Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM
subject Re: Help Request

Ken

Thanks so much for your concern and reply i sent you the email in other for you to help me out,let me know if you can help me make the transfer.

Thanks

from ["PRT Is a Joke" IS A JOKE]
to "J. Edward Anderson"
date Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM
subject Re: Help Request

Typos. Repetitive. Slow to catch on -- Ken, it IS you!!! I will send you this much post-haste!
Don't spend it all on pints at Quarter Jacks, 10 Godliman Street, London.


(Note to lawyers with no sense of humor: it wasn't really Ken Avidor.)



Reading:
Scams with same/similar language

The REAL J. Edward Anderson and PRT International

Godliman Street by St. Paul's, London:
Quarter Jacks
(in Grange St. Paul's Hotel)

The corner of Godliman & Knightrider (!)
gPRT

No comments: